Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
Sustainable project realisation has become a key aspect for planning and realising large-scale infrastructure projects. Laws, international conventions, bank standards and corporate principles demand to this end that the potential negative impacts of a project are identified, addressed and adequately mitigated.
In order to ensure the environmental and social compatibility of a project, an Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) is undertaken to evaluate the potential impacts of a planned project on its physical, biological and social environment and to develop mitigation measures to avoid, reduce or compensate them. ESIA is an integral part of a project and provides support to decision makers during project planning.
An appropriate impact assessment assures compliance with legal and lender requirements. Additionally, it can provide various benefits for the project proponent, including cost-efficient project realisation due to reduced non-technical risks, benefits for corporate reputation and compliance with corporate ethical standards. In this context, stakeholder engagement is of critical importance to achieving acceptable results for all involved parties, thereby promoting good corporate citizenship.
The company ILF:
- offers a global network of experts with long-term experience in the field of environmental and social sustainability aspects which might arise during the life cycle of a project
- plans projects with integrated teams of engineering experts as well as environmental and social specialists
- provides environmental and social assessment and permitting services associated with one stop engineering services during the whole project life cycle
- addresses and manages significant issues at an early stage in the planning phase
ILF’s services regarding the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment encompass the following:
- Project management
- Project design
- Feasibility studies
- Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) according to national standards
- ESIAs according to international standards
- Stakeholder engagement
- Review services and gap analyses
- Due diligence studies
- Ecological construction supervision and site management
For additional information, please click here: