Geotechnical engineering and soil mechanics
The findings and results gained from site investigations and laboratory tests are combined in an informative geological-geotechnical model. On this basis, the most suitable foundation methods are developed and the structure is optimised with regard to its interaction with the underlying ground.
This frequently requires the use of complex 2D and 3D software analysis programs.
Since the geological-geotechnical model is based on individual samples, the resulting uncertainties and/or risks, especially of complex large-scale projects, are then identified using probabilistic computational models.
ILF’s services in geotechnical engineering and soil mechanics include:
- Geomechanical design
- Geotechnical calculations
- Geological and geotechnical documentation, site services and consulting services
- Foundation engineering consulting services
- Stability and serviceability analyses
For additional information, please click here:
- Geology and hydrogeology
- Urban and environmental planning
- Environmental & Social Impact Assessment
- Design of load-bearing structures
- Information management and GIS
- Risk and safety management
- Financial analysis and institutional strengthening
- Project development