HPP & PSP Rehabilitation
The refurbishment and retrofitting of existing hydropower plants is becoming increasingly important worldwide. An essential factor for increasing the economic potential of hydropower plants lies not only in their rehabilitation, but also in the optimization of their use and operation – both in individual plants and groups of plants.
Offering an extensive range of services, and having many years of experience in the interdisciplinary planning, design and coordination of hydropower plants, ILF is able to advise and support clients to find the most economic and technically feasible solutions for their rehabilitation projects.
In addition to providing typical consulting services for rehabilitation, ILF’s services also encompass:
- Condition assessment – from walk-through and evaluation of historical information, to detailed analysis and measurements (such as fingerprint, Winter Kennedy, vibration and balancing)
- Evaluation of modernization opportunities, cost and benefit analysis
- Increase of flexibility and operation range: from concept, and testing, to the final implementation of measures for individual components, plants or groups of plants
- Optimization of operation to minimize losses in individual plants and groups of plants, efficiently fulfilling the changing demands of the market
- Reduction of operating and maintenance requirements and improvement of environmental impact through technical modifications
From ILF’s experience, the specification of high-quality standards and a comprehensive quality control of the scope of supply and services are of increasing importance for successful project implementation.
Fields of Expertise:
- Geology, Hydrogeology, Geotechnics
- Natural Hazard Management
- Environmental & Social Impact Assessment
- Hydropower, Dam & River Engineering
- Underground Structures
- Hydraulic Steel Structures
- Electromechanical Equipment
- Electrotechnical Equipment
- Instrumentation, Control & Telecommunications
- Power Transmission
- Business Administration