Wastewater Treatment Plant Design
Wastewater collection and treatment are some of today’s important environmental and social issues. It is only if potential environmental damage caused by the discharge of water pollutants is minimized or even prevented that we stand a chance of protecting the environment and its vital natural water resources. It becomes increasingly important to understand wastewater as a precious resource, to reuse treated effluent for landscaping, agriculture, and industry, to recover carbon, nutrients, etc. and to produce energy from residual solid matter.
Developing tailored treatment solutions for different economic, environmental and operational boundary conditions is ILF’s top priority, from harnessing natural treatment systems to employing cutting-edge process technologies.
As an engineering company and leading expert in designing complex wastewater infrastructure projects throughout the world for over 40 years, ILF has the professional competence to partner with its clients to support them in every step towards achieving their ambitions goals.
Fields of Expertise:
- Inlet works and lifting stations
- Pre-Treatment – screening, grit and oil removal
- Primary Treatment – primary settlement and filtration
- Secondary Treatment – carbon and nutrient removal – CAS, SBR, MBR, MBBR, IFAS processes, etc.
- Tertiary Treatment – physical and chemical processes
- Disinfection – UV, chlorination
- Sludge Treatment – dewatering, drying, incineration, aerobic stabilization, anaerobic digestion with co-generation of energy
- Treated sewage effluent reuse