Heating & Cooling
In response to global trends and market expectations, ILF provides solutions in line with the 4th Generation District Heating and Cooling (4GDHC) concept of integrating smart thermal grids (which utilize centralized energy plants, renewables and low-temperature heat sources) into systems that optimize operational costs and minimize heat losses, with the help of heat and cold storage systems.
Based on the profound knowledge of heat generating plants such as Combined Heat and Power (CHPs) plants, Waste-to-Energy (WtE) plants and biomass-based installations, as well as on the vast experience with renewable energy sources and energy storage facilities that its engineers have, ILF offers comprehensive services focused on optimizing the overall efficiency of grids and radically reducing the emission of greenhouse gases and air, water and soil pollutants. These services comprise the design of entire district heating and cooling networks, the analysis and optimization of existing networks, and comprehensive services related to all components or subsystems of such grids.
ILF renders all the services required for the successful implementation of heating & cooling projects.
Fields of Expertise:
- Combined heat and power plants incl.
- District heating systems fueled by various renewables
- Low-temperature, and heat-pump-based waste heat recovery systems
- Heat/cold energy storage
- Fuel type optimization for heat generation systems
- District heating piping systems and pumping stations – analysis/design/optimization
- Ring/star distribution heating systems
- Cooling technologies and district cooling systems
- Network simulations (EnergyPro and STANET)
- Site selection studies and pipeline routing
- Technical safety studies