Project Manager, Office in Laos (m/f)
In the course of the Austrian Project Development Initiative for Renewable Energies in South-East Asia, we are looking to fill the position of a Project Manager who will be responsible for driving the daily project development process of Rendcor GmbH, a Joint Venture between ILF Consulting Engineers Austria GmbH and the Austrian Development Bank “OeEB” operating from the work location in Laos (Vientiane).
- Managing development activities for hydropower projects working from Vientiane (Laos) in consultation with both local and Vienna-based team members
- Coordinating technical, commercial and legal issues together with local project partners and consultants as well as with the management in Vienna
- Developing a project pipeline in Laos and liaising with local networks
- Negotiating cooperation agreements with local partners in consultation with the management in Vienna
- Coordinating preliminary studies, feasibility studies and site analyses and preparing profitability calculations
- Coordinating the permitting process
- Coordinating the tendering and award-of-contract process for the EPC Contractor
- Managing the project until “Ready to Build”
- Taking on senior management agendas in the Laotian project companies (SPVs), as an option yet to be determined
- Negotiating contracts with public bodies and electricity consumers and grid operators
- Reporting to the management in Vienna at regular intervals
- Providing support in the selling and financing of projects
- You hold a degree in engineering and/or economics and/or law
- You will have seven to ten years of professional experience in the development of hydropower schemes, which would be ideal, or, corresponding experience in similar projects in the renewable energy field, which would be desirable
- You have got experience in business development
- You have led and worked with project teams
- You have got experience in working in South-East Asia, which would be an advantage
- You are interculturally competent, have a strong willingness to travel and are very flexible
- You have got willpower and strong negotiating skills, adopting a solution-oriented approach
- You have got analytical skills, are highly committed, willing to make decisions and capable of working independently
- You have got strong verbal and written communications skills (German and English) and the ability to work in teams
- You have got very strong MS Office skills
- You are business fluent in English, have a professional demeanor, entrepreneurial thinking and acting
What we offer:
In an international work environment you will be given challenging tasks and be part of a dynamic project development initiative, the success of which you can significantly influence by your enthusiasm. You will receive targeted instruction and comprehensive further training opportunities to be able to take on the multifaceted tasks to be mastered as part of the project development activities in the hydropower sector.
We offer attractive working conditions in a dynamic team. The minimum gross salary for this position is EUR 90,000 per year and might be even higher depending on your qualification and experience.
In the framework of the dynamic corporate development and the setup of the project pipeline as well as the corporate structure, we offer you both an opportunity to thrive and prospects to be promoted including taking on senior management agendas.
Location: ILF-Austria, office Vienna
Available from: Now
For further questions please contact us:
ILF Consulting Engineers Austria GmbH
Frau BSc. Marisa Warum
6063 Rum bei Innsbruck
Tel: +43 (512) 24 12 - 5232
Fax: +43 (512) 24 12 - 5900
We kindly ask you to use this portal for applying, so that your documents may be directly forwarded in digital form to the supervisor of the respective department. Unfortunately, we can no longer accept applications submitted via email.