Engineering Manager – Renewable Energies (focus on solar PV and Hybrid power generation)
To support our operations within South East Asia, ILF Consulting Engineers Asia is looking for a qualified Engineering Manager – Renewable Energies (focus on solar PV and Hybrid power generation).
Your tasks will be to:
- Handle and manage our Renewable Energies engineering team.
- Manage and direct the works of your engineers and technical staff on engineering activities and projects including site evaluations, energy yield assessments, conceptual, pre-feasibility, feasibility, basic design and detailed design studies, construction supervision and commissioning, project management and due diligence as well as design vetting studies.
- Ensure that the work of your engineering team complies with international quality standards to deliver engineering excellence to our clients.
- Manage the man-power of your engineering team and ensure that appropriate staff are available and allocated to projects in accordance with project-specific necessities.
- Conduct performance evaluation assessments of your staff and ensure that your staff is properly trained and continuously improves its professional capabilities.
- Develop and implement business development strategies based on innovative new products to enhance the growth of our Renewable Energies business.
- Analyze and understand the South-East Asia Renewable Energy market to direct business development activities towards prime market niches with high margins.
- Research client prospects in target markets to initiate first contact and develop long-term business relationships.
- Entertain direct contact with our established client base consisting of independent power producers, investment funds, utilities and contractors.
- Attend meetings with clients, prepare and/or oversee technical and commercial proposals including the elaboration of budget calculations, resource assignation and scheduling matrices, work break down structures, etc.
- Negotiate service contracts and handle all related administrative steps after contract conclusion.
Your professional qualifications should be at the least:
- Excellent command in English (speaking and writing). Fluent in Asian languages is an additional asset. Extensive experience in report writing in perfect English is a must and will be checked thoroughly prior to hiring. Do not apply for this position if you don’t fulfill this requirement.
- Successfully completed engineering studies with Bachelor degree, preferably Master degree, from an internationally recognized university. Specialization in the field of Renewable Energies is an asset.
- Minimum of 10 years experiences in project work, project management and business development in the field of Renewable energies, large scale Photovoltaic and Hybrid power projects. Experience with EPC companies is an advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of the Design of PV and Hybrid power plants, the realization of Studies of all types including Energy Yield Assessments and Hybrid plants optimizations.
- Proven success in proposal preparation, contract negotiations and client management.
- Full proficiency in MS Office is a must. Software knowledge in PVSyst, CAD and/or Helios 3D as well as any other relevant software is an advantage.
To fit our team, You should be:
- An excellent communicator (verbal, written and listening), capable of interpreting body language, managing emotions, negotiating and resolving conflicts.
- A real team player who shares information, helps team members to resolve any problem, works towards the common goal of making our organization more successful and properly divides tasks between team members. Proven ability to integrate professionally as well as on a personal level with multinational and multi-disciplinary teams and demonstrated high level of intercultural competence (internally and with the client) is an asset.
- A true leader who takes responsibility for your own work and mistakes as well as that of your staff, who has a long-term vision and is not short-sighted, who is productive at all times and leads others by example to a successful outcome.
- A pragmatic perfectionist, who routinely checks your own work and that of your staff to fully meet our quality standards to the benefit of our clients.
- Enthusiastic and personally driven about what you do and who you work with, thus completing tasks with excellence and always looking forward to the next task.
- Taking initiative and starting tasks independently in order to make things happen and to make things come to you. You are always taking the first step when required, and are never idle in the face of obstacles or challenges.
- A skilled manager of your and your staff’s time and resources, always focusing on the success of our organization.
- Willing to continuously learn and develop your and your staff’s skills and qualities to attain true excellence in your field of expertise.
- Able to handle pressure in a clam and composed way, which enables you and your staff to carry out all necessary tasks required to meet deadlines.
- Flexible to adapt to changes driven by our competition, changing customer expectations or technology. Being mobile and willing to travel within the SE-Asia region frequently is a must.
We offer you to lead challenging projects and a dynamic team in an international company setup. Besides attractive conditions and a safe, long-term employment, we offer a meritocratic and collegial working environment with flat hierarchies in which you can show your true potential. If you are up to the challenge, we’d gladly share our fascination for engineering excellence with You!
Location: ILF-Thailand (ILF-THA)
Available from: Now
For further questions please contact us:
ILF Consulting Engineers (Asia) Ltd.
Ms. Russarin Pattanakullasage
Modernform Tower, 22nd Floor
699, Srinagarindra Road, Phatthanakan, Suanluang,
Tel: +66 (2) 0 90 29 77moc/fli//p/nirassur