Senior Project Manager Solar PV and Renewable Energy
ILF Consulting Engineers (Asia) has its main office in Bangkok (Thailand) and is part of the international consulting and engineering group ILF Consulting Engineers (with headquarters in Austria/Germany and more than 40 offices worldwide). ILF Consulting Engineers (Asia) is actively involved in Energy and Infrastructure projects in all SE Asian countries.
As part of its dynamic growth in the SE Asian market, ILF Consulting Engineers (Asia) is looking for an experienced Senior Solar PV and Renewable Energy Project Manager to be based in Bangkok (Thailand).
As member of the ILF engineering team based in Bangkok, this person will assume responsibility as Project Manager for complex medium to large-scale projects in the Renewable Energy sector and potentially spend extended periods of time on project sites to provide Construction Supervision and Project Management Consulting services.
The selected candidate will manage Solar PV/Hybrid and/or Renewable energy projects ranging from early development phases to project implementation mainly in an Owner Engineer’s or Due Diligence context. In this function you will form an integral part of the ILF Renewable Energy engineering team and will report directly to the Renewable Energy Business Line Manager.
The anticipated tasks shall include but are not limited to the following:
1. Project management (from the ILF office in Bangkok)
- Project Management as Owners Engineer (Feasibility Studies, Basic/Detailed Engineering Design, Tender Support Services, Design Vetting, Construction Supervision and Commissioning, O&M advisory) within the SE Asia region.
- Management of Due Diligence Studies for Solar PV/Hybrid or other Renewable Energy projects in SE Asia.
- Support of ILF projects in French speaking African countries provided by our RE Engineering Center in Bangkok: project planning, coordination of engineering activities, acting as interface with the Client for selected projects.
- Ensure that managed projects follow ILF policy of providing Engineering Excellence under the objective to achieve the highest possible Client satisfaction.
- Software knowledge: full proficiency in all MS office applications, knowledge in PVsyst and other relevant software tools related to Renewable Energy projects.
2. Site supervision tasks
For large-scale and complex PV Solar/Hybrid or Renewable energy projects entering into Construction phase, the suitable candidate must be prepared to spend extensive periods on project sites covering the following tasks:
- Acting as the Consultants’ on-site manager for construction supervision of complex large-scale solar PV or Renewable energy projects in SE Asia. Managing ILF engineering personnel deployed to the project site, performing construction supervision, interacting with the Project Owner and site Contractor(s).
- Liaising with the local/international engineering support team based in Bangkok to provide superior engineering solutions.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in electrical/energy engineering, preferably master degree in electrical, renewable/solar energy or power generation.
- Minimum 5–10 years of demonstrated experience with international companies in the fields of Solar PV/Solar Hybrid and/or Renewable Energy projects. Experience in solar PV projects is a must.
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated working experience in SE Asia.
- Demonstrated track record in successful project management leading multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Demonstrated on-site experience with solar PV projects covering the role as Resident Engineer.
- Profound report writing abilities and superior communication skills in English language.
- Attention to details and possession of necessary interpersonal skills enabling the candidate to supervise and review the works of multiple contractors on a construction site.
- Excellent command in English language (reading and writing) is a must.
- Fluency in French language ‑both speaking and writing- would represent a very strong additional asset due to anticipated project work in African countries.
- Ability to work in multi-national and multi-disciplinary teams, demonstrating a high level of intercultural competence.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel in SE Asia (including extended periods on site) is expected.
We offer you to take an active part in challenging renewable energy projects of medium to large scale in a dynamic, team-oriented and international company within a professional working environment. Furthermore we offer the opportunity for professional and career development through continued learning and training.
Depending on the future development of the Business Line as well as the qualifications of the candidate a future senior management role can be considered.
Share our fascination for Engineering Excellence!
Please send your complete application (cover letter and CV) using the key word “Senior Solar PV and Renewable Energy Project Manager”, including your desired compensation, exclusively by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: ILF-Thailand (ILF-THA)
Available from: Now
For further questions please contact us:
ILF Consulting Engineers (Asia) Ltd.
Herr Dr.-Ing. Matthias Beisler
Modernform Tower, 22nd Floor
699, Srinagarindra Road, Phatthanakan, Suanluang,
Tel: +66 (2) 0 90 29 77moc/fli//relsieb/saihttam