Pipeline Construction Manager
Applicants who are to apply must have Minimum of 20 years construction experience. Candidate must have minimum 12 years Pipeline Construction Supervision Experience.
Candidate must be willing to work in remote locations of Abuja, Kaduna, Kano Ajaokuta Regions of Nigeria.
Candidate must have all required certifications for Construction Management.
Candidates who do not meet these criteria are encouraged not to apply.
General Functional Role:
- Expert or advanced knowledge of Pipeline Construction
- Design and implementation of all necessary additional procedures required at all levels to enable the successful supervision, and management of the construction activities.
- Manage construction efforts and be the construction representative of PMC with Client.
- To plan, develop and organize construction effort to formulate the most cost-effective plan for timely completion within budget and to implement the execution of that plan.
- Management of PMC construction personnel and other persons and/or entities reporting to him.
- Provide input to project management and scheduling of all contractors, ensuring quality, schedule, pricing, and all other contractual obligations are maintained in a compliant manner.
- Physically inspecting all works during construction to ensure quality and compliance with plans, specifications, safety, health, environmental and quality standards are maintained.
- Defines the detailed construction plan in collaboration with the Project Management Team.
- Collaborates and participates with the Design team in the verification of the Design with particular regards to construction feasibility & constructability aspects.
- Responsible for implementation of the scope of work as related to installation design, construction/ fabrication, pre-commissioning, in conformance with project specifications, Scope of Work, and in accordance with the approved Project Schedule.
- Monitor and report to Project Manager Project details, including progress, risks and opportunities in a timely manner.
- Ensures all changes to specifications, work scope and drawings are documented
- Collaborates with PM to review man-hours and duration forecasts to completion for construction activities.
- Monitors the progress and observance of deadlines. Collaborates with the PM to identify and apply any corrective actions necessary for limiting deviations from estimates
- Able to perform functions of planning, organizing and coordinate efforts of entire engineering team.
- Competent to distribute work and responsibilities to various disciplines.
- Proactive in engaging management on all relevant issues within a project and the company.
- Ability to take decisions and to early identify project scope deviations and potential delays in execution and to introduce mitigation measures to compensate.
- Early recognition, registration, and notification to Project Manager of non-contractual services.
- Identify and report to Project Manager all events, requests, particularly in relation to possible contractual consequences.
- Establish a working atmosphere of mutual respect within and among all team members
- Highest level of self-organization and leadership. Able to delegate responsibilities to various engineering disciplines.
- Extensive technical capability and physical endurance.
- Good communication and social skills.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong team player.
- Able to promote united team.
- High level of diversity tolerance and understanding.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment; high energy and enthusiasm
Minimum cognate experience of 20 years in Construction management of which more than 12 years in Pipeline construction management.
Minimum 8 years of managerial experience.
Minimum Qualification B. Sc. In an Engineering Discipline. A Master’s Degree in an Construction Management, Pipeline, Oil and gas management is required.
Location: ILF Nigeria, office Lagos
Available from: Now
For further questions please contact us:
ILF Engineers Nigeria Ltd.
Ms. Ms Joy Ukaha
Block D, Plot 23
Water Corporation Drive,
Lagos (Victoria Island), Lagos
Tel: +234 (1) 2 12 59 99
Fax: +234 (1) 9 50 37