Data Privacy Information
We, ILF Consulting Engineers Austria GmbH (“ILF”), as the controller are obligated to comply with the applicable laws on data protection and data security, in particular the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 – “GDPR”) in its currently valid version.
We take this obligation very seriously and are providing you with information here about the data processing that we carry out in the course of the application process.
Purpose of Data Processing
We may process business partners’ personal data for the following purposes:
- To conduct the application process to ensure optimal staffing within the company and for personnel administration
- To process alternative job offers; this is done if it becomes apparent during the application process that other vacancies at ILF are more suitable than the position for which an applicant has applied, and the applicant has given their prior consent for us to process their data for this reason – this prior consent can be revoked at any time.
- For the evidence database; applicants are only included in ILF’s evidence database if they have given their prior consent, which can be revoked at any time. The evidence database is used to stay in contact with applicants. If we have the applicant’s consent, their data may also be transferred to other affiliated companies of the ILF Group. Applicants who have been included in the database may be contacted and notified when a suitable position becomes available.
- For the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims
- For processing if we have the applicant’s consent; ILF may also process personal data for purposes other than those listed above if prior consent has been obtained. Such consent may be revoked at any time. Processing will then only take place for the purposes specified in the respective consent.
Categories of Processed Personal Data
For the aforementioned purposes we may process the following categories of data:
- Salutation, name, title, address, date of birth, telephone number, e-mail address, nationality, cover letter, letter of motivation, CV, school and university education, work references, documents relating to further training and education, professional career, photos, work samples, desired position of employment, desired place of work, desired salary, start of desired employment/earliest entry date, language skills, analysis results, interview notes, source of application, type of application (online, e-mail, etc.), status of application, comments, application history (date, time, comments), correspondence with the applicant, assessment of the extent to which the applicant fulfils the required criteria, declaration of consent
- We receive this data:
– from public sources
ILF reserves the right to use information from business platforms such as XING and LinkedIn for evaluation purposes. For this, the information contained in your application documents regarding your CV, school and university education, further training and education, and professional career will be compared with the information available on XING and LinkedIn and this data will be stored. This information includes information
– from external personnel consultants (“recruiters”)
– collected in the course of the application process, in which you provide the data to us yourself, or
– collected by taking notes during the interview process.
There is no obligation to provide us with the personal data we ask you for.
However, we cannot complete the application process if you do not provide us with your personal data.
Legal Basis for Data Processing
The legal basis for processing data for the purposes mentioned above is as follows:
According to Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR, processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by ILF. These legitimate interests are pursued to ensure an efficient application process and optimized filling of vacancies.
According to Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR, processing is necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures.
If a data subject’s consent is lawfully obtained for the processing of their data for alternative job offers and/or for record keeping for future reference, this consent to the processing of data can also be the legal basis for data processing (Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR).
Transfer and Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal data will only be transferred to the following categories of recipients (in accordance with Art. 13 (1) (e) GDPR) if this is necessary for the purposes listed above. Recipients of personal data may include:
- Affiliated companies of the ILF Group
- Data processor(s)
In accordance with the statutory provisions, if recipients of personal data are located in countries outside of the European Union “EU” (in which applicable laws do not offer the same level of protection as the laws of the respective data subject’s home country), personal data will only be transferred if the European Commission decides that the third country has an adequate level of protection (Art. 45 (3) GDPR), if appropriate safeguards have been agreed with the recipient (Art. 46 GDPR), if binding corporate rules are implemented (Art. 47 GDPR) or if there is a derogation for specific situations in accordance with Art. 49 GDPR.
Further information and (where applicable) a copy of the implemented measures can be obtained from the contact person listed under point 7.
Personal data are stored either
(i.) for a period of 7 months after completion of the application process or
(ii.) until the respective applicant withdraws their consent (where consent has been given for ILF to keep an application on file and/or process it for alternative job offers),
but for a maximum of 6 years.
Irrespective of this, we store applicants’ data as long as (i.) statutory retention obligations exist or (ii.) their personal data are required for the establishment or defense of any legal claims that are not yet time-barred.
Automated Decision Making
As a responsible company we refrain from automated decision making or profiling.
Rights of the Data Subject
According to the GDPR, data subjects have the following rights (with the exception of those listed in the respective regulations): right of access (Art. 15 GDPR), right to rectification (Art. 16 GDPR), right to erasure (Art. 17 GDPR), right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR), right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR), right to object to the processing of personal data (Art. 21 GDPR), and right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Art. 77 GDPR).
If the processing of personal data is based on consent from the data subject, such consent can be revoked at any time without the need to give a reason. The revocation of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its revocation.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the processing of personal data or the assertion of the listed rights, please contact us using the following details:
|ILF Consulting Engineers Austria GmbH
A-6063 Rum bei Innsbruck
Firmenbuchnummer: FN 106300z
|Data Protection Coordinator:
Dr. Hanna Klima