Front End Supervisor
NOTE: TO ALL APPLICANTS.
THESE CV WILL NOT BE REVIEWED BY ILF.
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
This Opportunity is for Nigerians who are willing to work in Abuja-Kaduna-Kano Locations.
Functional Role of a Front End Supervisor.
- Coordinates pre-construction meetings to inspect and review project drawings, materials, and verify EPC Contractor’s license; negotiates, determines, or verifies the necessity of field changes and EPC Contractor drawings to reflect as-built conditions and materials.
- Performs and logs necessary testing to include soil tests, pressure tests, flushing and disinfectant sampling.
- Maintains records and documentation on all site inspections.
- Manages utility inspectors and works directly with project coordinators, EPC Contractors and various other construction workers who oversee and support the execution of the project, while delivering on individual project objectives.
- Organizes and maintains an inventory of tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Drives field decision-making and coordinates with centralized scheduling, internal and/or external service providers and support departments (environmental) and external agencies to ensure that work is performed as planned, permitted and scheduled.
- Orders materials and tools needed to properly execute all field works.
- Reviews and approves work orders, progress reports, field changes, to ensure compliance with project standards and policies.
- Provides vision and direction for utility inspectors and construction crews within a functional or regional area of responsibility.
- Evaluates and recommends field design changes to optimize project execution.
- Establishes and monitors work goals and objectives. Measures employee performance and sets safety, quality and productivity metrics.
- Supports and assists maintenance personnel in achieving timely and efficient maintenance schedules; provides opportunities for training on routine prevention maintenance activities.
- Plans, schedules, and monitors all work being performed by contractors.
- Develop technical and / or administrative correspondence, reports, operating procedures and documentation.
- Performs quality inspections on completed jobs; ensures conformance with project policies and procedures, safety codes, engineering specifications, and local, State, and Federal laws, and regulations.
BSc (Hons) in Engineering / Construction Management with Minimum of 13 years of construction supervision experience with 5 years of experience in a Construction Pipeline project.
- Experience supporting Utility operations in a Pipeline construction environment.
- Thorough knowledge of construction and inspection techniques, procedures, regulations, methods and tests related to water pipeline installation.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards, safety precautions, and safety regulations.
- Knowledge of leadership techniques, principles and procedures to assign work, schedule, supervise, train, and evaluate the work of assigned staff.
- Extensive Pipeline Construction proven successful experience in an equivalent position on large diameter pipelines construction.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow team members and the EPC Contractors.
- Must work well in large teams with staff members of all backgrounds and skill levels.
- Experience directing the efforts on more than one project at a time and have multiple responsibilities across assignments is preferred.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office 2013 (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Working knowledge of major international construction standards ASME, ANSI, BS etc.
- Demonstrated ability to provide and/or develop final work products while providing quality control over project work.
- Available to Work shifts and over weekends.
- Trained in confined space and OSHA construction safety.
- Knowledge and experience using computer software.
- Ability to interact effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and reports in mathematical or diagram form and deal with multiple variables.
- An eye for detail and ability to prepare clear and accurate reports.
- Ability to communicate logically and clearly with management and staff of the EPC Contractors.
- Ability to handle the physical aspects of required field work.
- Commitment to safe work practices.
- Proficient knowledge of fall protection and work zone safety.
- Ability to work in a multicultural team environment as well as under minimum supervision
Arbeitsort: ILF Nigeria, office Lagos
Verfügbar ab: Jetzt
Für Fragen freuen wir uns über Ihre Kontaktaufnahme:
ILF Engineers Nigeria Ltd.
Ms. Ms Joy Ukaha
Block D, Plot 23
Water Corporation Drive,
Lagos (Victoria Island), Lagos
Tel: +234 (1) 2 12 59 99
Fax: +234 (1) 9 50 37