Civil & Structural Engineer - Nigerian National
Functional Role for a Civil & Strutural Engineer:
- Adhering to mission statement to code of conduct, to IMS system and further company specific documents
- Awareness of Company’s Quality Policy
- Awareness of ILF Group HSSE Policy
- Awareness of ILF Nigeria HSSE Policy
- Awareness of the ILF Nigeria Health and Safety Management System Plan
- Required to fulfil the responsibilities of an employee as specified in ILF-NGR Health and Safety Management System Plan
- Responsible to execute all required Civil / Structural related engineering works covering the Scope of Work for all projects executed by ILF Engineers Nigeria.
- Responsible for information exchange between the Civil / Structural Team and all other Discipline Teams within the project at its own level.
- Follow-up of the project files and documentation, including maintaining the standard project files structure on server/ SharePoint.
- Responsible to implement at its level all required measures to ensure quality at source.
- With direct supervision of a Lead or Senior Engineer, will be required to carry out engineering analysis and recommend technical solutions, generate detailed engineering drawings, liaise with the drafting personnel for the preparation of drawings and prepares engineering reports.
- Able to perform at a basic level the functions of organizing its own work in agreement with other engineers in own discipline.
- Identify and report to Senior Engineer all events, requests, which are not compliant with the project scope of work.
- Participate in weekly engineering meetings, based on project requirements.
- Produce man-hour estimates for Civil and Structural potential projects to support the Business Development Department.
- Must be familiar with relevant industry codes and standards, design specifications, and practices.
- Ensure ease of constructability is considered in all Civil / Structural technical solutions / deliverables.
- Able to perform Concept, FEED, Detailed Design, and Fabrication Design.
- Ability to use relevant software for Civil / Structural engineering. Basic level of understanding of design calculations and result interpretation.
- Commissioning and start-up assistance is an advantage.
- COREN Certification is an advantage.
- Experience in both onshore and offshore design is an advantage.
- Construction and site supervision experience is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD (or equivalent)
- Good knowledge of Staad Pro (or equivalent)
- Good knowledge of SACS (or equivalent)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Package
Required years of experience between 5 years — 10 years.
Academic Education to BS level minimum for the relevant Engineering Discipline.
- Commitment to excellence.
- Completion of all assignment and goals within timelines.
- Diligence and hard work.
- Committed to acquiring knowledge and skills.
- Teachable and open to learning new ways of doing things.
This position is best for qualified Nigerian living in Nigeria and willing to work in Lagos.
Arbeitsort: ILF Nigeria, office Lagos
Verfügbar ab: Jetzt
Für Fragen freuen wir uns über Ihre Kontaktaufnahme:
ILF Engineers Nigeria Ltd.
Ms. Ms Joy Ukaha
Block D, Plot 23
Water Corporation Drive,
Lagos (Victoria Island), Lagos
Tel: +234 (1) 2 12 59 99
Fax: +234 (1) 9 50 37