Back End Supervisor
NOTE: TO ALL APPLICANTS. ILF WILL NOT REVIEW THESE CVS.
Send CV to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Opportunity is for Nigerians who are willing to work in Abuja-Kaduna-Kano Locations.
Functional Role of a Back End Supervisor:
- Drives and Controls Back-End Construction activities including Padding and Backfilling, Reinstatement, Tie-In Welding, Cleaning, Gauging, Hydrotesting and drying of Oil & Gas Pipelines.
- Delivers appropriate productivity reports on a timely basis and any others as requested by spread manager.
- Schedules and conducts team meetings and cross-functional awareness meetings as needed.
- Participates in operational weekly meetings to report issues and provide analysis of work order compliance.
- Directs projects and assignments and all activities related to the achievement of quality work delivery by back end Construction.
- Leads team efforts in data gathering, fact-finding and analysis, and with limited direction, formulate final conclusion, alternatives and recommendations.
- Confer with other department supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between Construction interfaces and pre-commissioning.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, Construction Schedules, and other records and reports to determine construction requirements and to evaluate current construction forecasts and outputs.
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
- Keep Spread Manager informed, delegate and follow-up on daily tasks, and maintain a clean, safe and secure work environment.
- Collaborating with front-end and back-end operations associates to ensure items in the store are adequately stocked.
- Identifies processes or procedures that require improvement.
- Recommends improvements to EPC Contractor’s, internal processes, and practices.
- Maintains effective relationships with EPC Contractor’s site workers and sub-contractors.
- Helps keep the construction site safe by conducting safety walks, reporting hazards, and understanding all safety and lifting requirements.
Minimum of 13 years of Construction Supervision work Experience of which 5 years’ experience must be for a Pipeline construction project.
Education Background will be BSc (Hons) Minimum Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering or equivalent.
- Must work well in large teams with staff members of all backgrounds and skill levels
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage routine and complex assignments simultaneously, consistently producing high quality results.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office 2013 (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Available to Work shifts and over weekends.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Trained/have working knowledge in confined space and OSHA construction safety and advantage.
- Knowledge and experience using computer software.
- Ability to interact effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- An eye for detail and ability to prepare clear and accurate reports.
- Ability to communicate logically and clearly with management and staff of the EPC Contractors.
- Ability to handle the physical aspects of required field work.
- Commitment to safe work practices.
- Proficient knowledge of fall protection and work zone safety.
- Ability to work in a multicultural team environment as well as under minimum supervision.
- Ability and willingness to undertake travel and other job demands.
Arbeitsort: ILF Nigeria, office Lagos
Verfügbar ab: Jetzt
Für Fragen freuen wir uns über Ihre Kontaktaufnahme:
ILF Engineers Nigeria Ltd.
Ms. Ms Joy Ukaha
Block D, Plot 23
Water Corporation Drive,
Lagos (Victoria Island), Lagos
Tel: +234 (1) 2 12 59 99
Fax: +234 (1) 9 50 37