Job Opportunity — Project Controllermore
ILF Consulting Engineers is a small business in Calgary, AB. We are collaborative and bold. Our work environment includes flexible working hours and an international workforce.
Part-time | Hybrid (Calgary, AB)
Job Posted February 14, 2022; Closing February 25, 2022.
ILF Consulting Engineers (ILF) consists of several international and independent engineering and consulting companies. ILF helps demanding clients successfully execute complex industrial and infrastructure projects. Today, the ILF companies rank among the world’s leading engineering firms in the areas of their core expertise. ILF Group of companies have been in operation for over 50 years.
ILF has been operating in Canada since 2005 with an office in Calgary since 2012. ILF Canada specializes in pipeline oil and gas consulting engineering for oil and gas pipelines and facilities, drawing from our ILF Group worldwide experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide active cost management reporting and governance of projects/programs from initiation to completion
- Update, maintain and analyze project commitments, cost flow, and expenditures while also supporting monitoring, reviewing and analysis of cost, schedule, earned value and associated reporting
- Develop and maintain financial reporting (weekly/monthly). Collaborate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders throughout the project cycle to ensure transparency of project costs and trends
- Create, maintain and manage cost forecasting/reporting systems to ensure accuracy and visibility of project estimates and budgets to project scope/objectives
- Define and advise leadership and project team on specific actions to effectively manage project budget and schedule
- Develop and analyze change management documents to govern project costs and objective variances Contribute to the interpretation of a proposal or project contract
- Collaborate with various disciplines to establish baseline schedule in P6 Primavera, load the schedule with budgeted man-hours and costs.
- Ensure schedules are updated with actual progress and forecast remaining durations, project milestones, and completion dates as defined
- Assess and document trends and risks of the project/ program as related to costs/schedule
- Decision Making: makes decisions and recommendations on high governance activities or complex issues, including those without formal guidelines or precedents. Exercises resourcefulness and ingenuity to execute responsibilities and interpret policy.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Five (5)+ years of experience in Project Control
- Solid knowledge and experience on implementation of Earned Value Management System
- Familiar with scheduling in Primavera 6
- Independent and creative problem solver
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Computer knowledge in MS Office Suite
- Ability to work in a team environment
We thank everyone for their applications. Only those considered for next steps will be contacted.
ILF is an equal opportunity employer, where personnel are recruited and employed without discrimination based on race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, sexual orientation, marital status, source of income, or family status. If ILF recruits and selects employees with regard to specific characteristics it does so in accord with exemptions in the law(s) governing equal opportunity in employment. Human Resources practices will respect the diversity of spiritual and religious beliefs of employees by supporting their observance of important religious celebrations.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and a cover letter directly to applicants.canada@ilf. com.
Application deadline: 2022-02-25