Commissioning and Start-Up
A structured commissioning and start-up facilitates a project’s smooth transition from the construction phase to the operating phase. Commissioning and start-up activities involve a structured review of the constructed facility with respect to the contractually stipulated scope of operation. Accurate planning is critical to the success of the procedure.
As part of ILF’s integrated improvement system, the feedback from the commissioning and start-up phase and from the operating phase is evaluated systematically. These conclusions are integrated into the corresponding design and management processes.
ILF’s services at the start of the operating phase include:
- Elaboration and coordination of commissioning, takeover and performance test programs, and start-up procedures
- Supervision of commissioning, takeover and performance tests, and start-up
- Supervision and coordination of trial runs and takeover of the plant
- Acceptance tests and pertinent certificates
- Compilation of operating and maintenance manuals
- Staff training
- Technical consultancy after start-up (e.g. with regard to ongoing operation)